Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm voting YES

Tomorrow (Tuesday, March 23'rd) is election day in Amherst. If you're a registered voter in Amherst, don't forget to vote!

I'm running again for Town Meeting, so if you're a registered voter in Precinct 9 in Amherst do not forget to vote. At Wildwood Elementary School. Between 7am and 8pm.

As I've written before, I think Proposition 2 1/2 was a well-intentioned but ultimately bone-headed idea, so I'm voting for the override.

I'm supporting Rick Hood for school committee because I think he's calm and rational and smart and will make good decisions for our schools.

I'm also going to vote for Rob Spence because I like what he says better than the other three candidates. I suspect he'll ask lots of hard questions and make life uncomfortable for the school administration, and I think that'll be good in the long run. I hope.

If I had my druthers I'd make the school committee obsolete (and give kids a public education via competing private schools), but that's not on the ballot. Maybe next year. (hah!)

No comments: