I've been having trouble coming up with interesting predictions. It's easy to predict things that are virtually certain to happen (I'm certain my New Years cold will go away eventually, even though I'm not taking any vitamin C or E or echinacea or gingko biloba or zinc). I'm far from 100% certain that any of these things will happen in 2010, but I think they all have a greater than 50% change of becoming true:
Image by rakka
- The Democrats will lose 7 or 8 seats in the Senate in the November 2010 election.
- There will be a kerfuffle when images supposedly from airport backskatter X-ray machines are leaked to the Internet.
- A Schleck will win the Tour De France.
- The president will sign a Cash for Caulkers bill.
- More than 100 banks will fail in the US.
- General Motors will sell fewer cars than they sold in 2009.
- Ford and Toyota will sell more cars than they sold in 2009.
- We'll have a white Christmas.
- Spring Town Meeting will last 5 or fewer nights.
- Amherst will pass an override.