Image by OlivIreland via Flickr.
I can't resist: I got a new crystal ball from a Certified Authentic Psychic who tells me I can't possibly go wrong this year.
1. Oil prices will continue to be wildly volatile; oil will cost more than $100 per barrel again on at least one day in 2009.
2. Congress will pass, and Obama will sign, an economic stimulus package larger than $900 billion.
3. The economic recession will last through the entire year.
4. Conservatives will claim that the stimulus is causing the recession to last longer.
5. Progressives will claim that without the stimulus we'd be in the Second Great Depression.
6. General Motors will declare bankruptcy after getting billions more dollars of bailout money.
7. Now that Home Depot is open, Rocky's Ace Hardware in Hadley and Leader Home Center in Amherst will close in 2009.
8. Mark's Meadow school in Amherst will be closed.
9. Lance Armstrong will not win the Tour de France again.
10. I'll only get 7 of these 10 predictions right. I really hope I'm wrong about #3...